Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers - from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
The Engagement Manager plays a critical role in ensuring the success of customer engagements as well the achievement of revenue goals for Marketo Client Services. The Engagement Manager is an integral part of the sales cycle, working with our largest customers and strategic partners to understand customer needs, design solutions to meet these requirements, and position and sell the services that will help them succeed. The Engagement Manager also provides oversight and management of our largest and most strategic client engagements, working with executive-level customers and partners.
- Become proficient in Demand Generation, Marketing Automation, Marketo’s business applications and services offerings. Apply this knowledge to Marketo customer business needs to design high-value services engagements
- Partner with Account Executives with a focus on large enterprise customers to identify the most appropriate implementation strategy to ensure customer success which may include one or more Marketo partners and/or Marketo Professional Services
- Collaborate with Marketo partners during the sales process and in delivering joint customer engagements
- Lead the development of services proposals, statements of work, and contract negotiations
- Manage executive level client relationships and provide team oversight during the delivery of services engagements
- Team effectively with other parts of the organization, including Customer Account Managers, Support and Product Management to address and resolve customer issues
- Support Marketo Australia’s & New Zealand’s (ANZ) partner program through the delivery of partner-enablement activities as needed
- Work with country leadership and regional partner leadership to identify and act on opportunities to improve the overall implementation capability of the market
- Participate in operational processes related to specific engagements, including staffing, utilization management, forecasting, time and expense management, and billing
- Contribute to practice development initiatives through the development of service offerings, best practices, methodologies, and other intellectual capital
- Achieve and exceed monthly and quarterly targets
Required Skills /Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Excellent client management instincts and abilities, strong written and verbal communications, executive-level presence and experience in facilitation.
- 4-6 years’ experience delivering consulting services, including involvement in selling services
- Project management experience (SOWs, contract management, risk management, staffing)
- Experience selling and/or delivering Marketing Strategy, CRM or Marketing Automation services, or experience with products and/or processes related to demand generation and lead management
- 1-2 years P&L responsibilities related to specific projects
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75%
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.