Financial Analyst - Sales
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
As a critical member of the FP&A team, your primary function will be to partner with the Sales and Install Base teams worldwide to drive planning, analysis, and overall decision support. This role requires a candidate who is highly analytical with the ability to synthesize data and make sound business recommendations to the executive staff.
- Partner with all levels of Sales and Install Base leadership to provide the financial skills and tools necessary for them to accomplish their business objectives.
- Become a subject matter expert on renewal finance and operations, including customer retention, sales, and product upsell.
- Own the P&L for the renewal business, including renewal bookings, headcount, and expenses. This includes end-to-end responsibility for monthly close, accruals, budgeting, long range planning and forecasting, results variance analysis, and headcount tracking.
- Support the worldwide weekly retention bookings forecasting process for presentation to Sales and Install Base management.
- Aggregate and report financial and operational results, monitor performance, and perform ongoing and one-off analytical exercises that provide insights to renewal business.
- Partnering with Renewal Operations, enhance visibility to key retention metrics by building and maintaining insightful dashboards, reports, and presentations. Based on the data, provide valuable insights and actionable recommendations to Sales and Install Base management.
- Work with the Sales and Install Base teams, Renewal Operations and Accounting to review and analyze commissions and compensation plans. Develop and test forecasting methods and produce reports that provide insight into improving compensation plans processes.
- Be an integral member of various project teams to change/improve processes as the company evolves.
Required Skills / Experience:
- BA/BS degree Finance/Accounting, Engineering, or Business. Applicants with different degrees should have had quantitative coursework such as computer science, math, or economics, or practical experience.
- Preferably 1 year of FP&A experience.
- Expert proficiency in Excel. Superior analytical and modeling skills and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports.
- Experience with BI tools, Salesforce.com, and internal financial applications a plus.
- Experience working in SAAS or with supporting a Sales or Sales-related organization would be a plus.
- Strong base knowledge of accounting, finance, and operations principles. Candidate should have an understanding of accrual accounting and other basic GAAP principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to build and manage 1:1 relationship with executives. Candidate must have experience working with people outside his or her own team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritize in a fast paced, very high-growth environment.
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.