Full-stack SilverStripe Developer
Marketo, Inc. | Marketing | Sydney, Australia or ANZ Remote
What you will be doing
We’re looking for a developer with significant experience supporting SilverStripe, WordPress, and various hosted platforms. You will be a part of the marketing developers team who is responsible for all Marketo’s non-product web properties (including www.marketo.com, www.launchpoint.com, blog.marketo.com, etc).
Your responsibilities and characteristics
- As our first international web developer on Marketo’s Marketing Dev team you will contribute to the development of our key marketing websites, and serve as the point of contact for the international marketing teams.
- You’re a generalist with the ability to jump in on both the front-end and back-end, to debug issues quickly, and to learn new tools, tricks, and trades as we grow.
- You recognize the importance of delivering quality work so you’re diligent in validating your changes.
- You are comfortable integrating HTML/CSS templates into SilverStripe, WordPress, or other platforms, including hosted platforms, like Jive.
- Building code with future maintenance in mind comes naturally to you.
- You will be integrating robust services and APIs to power our web properties.
- You will collaborate with and support the US, AU, and UK marketing teams in conjunction with your US-based marketing dev team, including supporting all platforms after close of business in the US.
- You thrive working independently and as a team player.
Experience you’ll need for this position
- 5+ years…
- ...building fast, well-optimized, and scalable code for various web properties
- ...building and supporting in SilverStripe, WordPress, and others.
- ...as an experienced LAMP developer with strong OO and MVC principles
- Some background supporting WordPress blogs
- Experience building unit tests
- Git, SVN or other code management systems
Experience that would be helpful
- Web design
- Optimizely, Hotjar, and other front-end testing tools
- Akamai, CloudFlare, and other front-end optimization tools/platforms
- Marketo forms and landing pages