Intern - Systems Administrator (CPT)
Marketo is offering a 10-12 week internship program to qualified individuals currently entering into their final year of school at a College/University. From this internship, you will gain experience in a corporate environment, training to excel in the field and knowledge of Marketo; our business, products and culture. In addition to your daily functions, all interns will participate in company activities such as offsite’s, mentorship, even volunteer work. Through these social events you will be given the opportunity to network with executives, full-time staff and fellow interns across the company.
HERE ARE THE KINDS OF SKILLS WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Fast learner. We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment. You have knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby, etc).
- Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of the whole web stack, you understand how all the pieces fit together (front-end, database, network layer, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word. Whether you’re working on an API used by other developers, an internal tool consumed by our operation teams, or a feature used by millions of customers, your attention to details leads to a delightful user experience.
- Actively pursuing a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline with a graduation date no earlier than December 2017
- Experience using Linux systems
- Experience in at least one scripting language (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby, etc).
- Demonstrated software engineering experience through previous internships, work experience, coding competitions, and/or publications
- Available for 10-weeks of continuous employment
- Competitive hourly pay.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Potential opportunity for full time employment upon successful completion of the internship.
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.