Financial Analyst FP&A
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with customers their – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
As a critical member of the FP&A team, your primary function will be to partner with Infrastructure, R&D, and G&A teams to drive planning, analysis, and overall decision support. This role requires a candidate who is highly analytical with the ability to synthesize data and make sound business recommendations to the executive staff.
- Partner with all levels of Infrastructure, R&D, and G&A leadership to provide the financial skills and tools necessary for them to accomplish their business objectives.
- Contribute to Capex and P&L reporting, including responsibility for monthly close, accruals, budgeting, long range planning and forecasting, results variance analysis, headcount tracking, and analytical projects.
- Partnering with the business, develop repeatable business, operational and financial processes widely understood by all key stakeholders;
- Assist in building detailed financial models to evaluate investment priorities and evaluate potential alternatives.
- Track expenses by category, and create robust dashboards to report results. Assist with the design and execution of analyses.
- Be an integral member of various project teams to change/improve processes as the company evolves.
Required Skills / Experience:
- BA/BS degree Finance/Accounting, Engineering, or Business.
- 1-3 years of experience in finance, management consulting, or similar environment.
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with BI tools and internal financial applications a plus.
- Strong base knowledge of accounting, finance, and operations principles.
- Proven track record of creating robust analysis that translates into business decisions.
- Basic financial modeling skills strongly desired
- Detail oriented. Able to validate the accuracy of one's own deliverables.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong team player with a collaborative attitude and ability to work cross functionally.
- Experience working in SAAS or supporting an Infrastructure organization would be a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritize in a fast paced, very high-growth environment. Possess can-do attitude and willingness to take on new assignments.
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.