As a Field Marketing & Events Manager on the Demand Gen team, you will be aligned with SMB sales team(s) to develop and execute field marketing events and other targeted programs, to ensure that revenue goals are met.
- Create and execute targeted regional marketing plans to bring together corporate programs and regional opportunities, including but not limited to field events, executive programs, tradeshows, industry associations, partner programs and telemarketing.
- Understand complex buying/selling processes involving multiple decision-makers for software and services purchases. Provide support through sales tools, training and market expertise to the sales force to ensure their ability to consultatively sell solutions.
- Build and maintain ongoing communications with the regional sales VPs and directors, demand gen. peers and account executives.
- Help drive demand creation and lead generation activity in developing qualified sales leads and creating brand awareness activities.
- Forecast, measure and analyze impact of programs on sales cycles; produce weekly reports and monthly dashboards to demonstrate campaign progress and region success.
- Assist event and marketing program managers in developing regional and campaign specific target lists through the CRM database.
- Communicate with sales in order to gain buy-in, understanding and participation in marketing programs.
- Identify sales training needs and collaboratively develop programs to address field sales knowledge weakness.
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or related field is required; MBA is desired.
- Ability to travel between 25-30%
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in high technology B2B enterprise software field marketing required; SaaS/on-demand software experience highly desired
- Experience working in marketing with proven success and high initiative in the creation and execution of effective demand generation marketing campaigns
- Experience with sales operations, reporting, marketing & campaign dashboards and KPIs
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- CRM (Salesforce.com) and Marketing Automation experience highly desired
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Must possess excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Working in or with a high technology sales department with an understanding of sales cycles and deal complexity
- Strong ability to influence others and work collaboratively with other departments
- Ability to manage large detailed project to tight timelines. Responds under pressures of time and uncertainty
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to earn trust and respect from sales management
- Outstanding presentation/communication skills
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, lead by example and achieve extraordinary results
- High energy, self-directed, team player
- Detail oriented