Senior IT Business Analyst - Salesforce
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with customers their – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
The Senior IT Business Analyst will be responsible for optimizing and automating key customer-facing business processes as the company grows, including global business processes for managing subscription renewals, provisioning and sales reporting. The successful candidate will have business process architect experience gathering requirements, designing, delivering, and supporting business transformation using third-party SaaS applications.
- Develop and implement scalable, flexible solutions that are extensible to future business needs
- Work with Subject Matter Experts and Business Leaders in Business Units to gather and document Business Requirements
- Meet with key business partners regularly to uncover business issues that need to be addressed in future releases of the sales & services technology frameworks, and partner to Identify opportunities for process optimization and redesign
- Own the capturing, analyzing, synthesizing, assessing, documenting, and verifying of business requirements, processes and workflows
- Validate and verify all requirements, making sure they map to the business need being addressed, are approved by the appropriate stakeholders (including the Steering Committee) and meet relevant quality standards for completeness and relevance
- Work with developers, project managers, business analysts, and quality assurance staff to ensure that they fully understand the requirements, which includes reviewing high-level technical designs and detailed testing documentation
- Deliver IT Application projects, assisting Subject Matter Experts in developing and executing test plans, application configuration, go-live planning and execution, and post go-live support
- Resolve tier-2 support cases, coordinating with tier-1 support, end-users, System Administrators and vendor support as necessary
- Facilitate workshops to elicit and gather business requirements and use cases for large, complex technology projects
- Highly analytical with a natural curiosity about data and the ability to consume and process large amounts of information
- Desire and capacity to work in a fast paced, multi-faceted and deadline driven environment
- Solid understanding of sales and marketing operations
- Exceptional problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to cultivate an understanding of what the business is trying to achieve, using knowledge of the sales and marketing technology stack to define effective and efficient solutions
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how IT needs to support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to summarize and present findings or challenges to all levels of staff and management
- Capacity to build collaborative relationships and work effectively with key stakeholders
- Ability to work with onshore/offshore teams, and communicate using virtual communication tools (phone, conferencing, online meeting)
- Understanding of SaaS third party applications, Salesforce.com, AppExchange apps, and the Force.com platform
- Ability to manage release cycles by analyzing requirements, obtaining prioritization from the business, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, writing specifications, and working with Development and QA to ensure business needs are met
- Experience managing change within an organization
- Experience leading Business Process Optimization and Automation projects
- Develop and apply a structured methodology to the specification of requirements, ensuring that all requirements are in a standardized layout and can be easily shared and understood by all stakeholders
- Masters in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Technology, Business Administration or closely-related field with 3 years’ experience administering and configuring Salesforce for Sales Cloud and Service Cloud
- Will also accept Bachelor’s degree in said fields and 5 years’ progressive post-Bachelor’s Force.com experience
- Experience with development and implementation of the following is desirable: Salesforce CPQ, Contract Management, Professional Services Automation.
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.