Associate Vice President (AVP), Commercial Sales
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
The AVP, Commercial Sales is responsible for leading a team of Account Executives responsible for new business quota attainment in their assigned territories, within the Customer base in the Commercial segment.
- Manage 10+ Account Executives, and in the near future, 2 Front Line Managers/Director’s across North America in achieving individual and team quota.
- Quote, negotiate, and assist sales reps in closing complex transactions through the development of executive-level relationships with customers within this market segment.
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management. Also to help define the GTM strategy within the Customer base, especially around Named and Target accounts, geographies, and industry’s to help us accelerate revenue growth.
- Help your team work with customers to help not only optimize their use of Marketo and their roadmaps to support it, but to proactively work with Marketing and Sales leadership within your customers to grow their utilization of Marketo and our products to widen our reach of our platform and sell new products both from Marketo as well as critical Partner products.
- Coordinate and manage weekly and monthly one-on-one and team-wide pipeline reviews, meetings, and training sessions to ensure ongoing improvement and best practice sharing
- Attract, hire, coach, onboard and retain top sales talent
- Be a change agent within Marketo, help define new models and processes to grow our business
- Work closely with extended team of pre-sales, services, training, legal, renewals business partners
- Make our customers successful!
- 5+ years of on-quota, B2B sales experience in a highly competitive market with a strong preference for on-demand/SaaS experience. Also, knowledge/experience selling CRM, SFA, and marketing software is a plus
- A minimum of 3 years of managing individual contributor sales people who are both more senior in tenure as well as less experienced AE’s.
- Ability to help create demand proactively.
- Successful history of closing business, selling new licenses/subscriptions to lines of business owners and over-achieving quota
- Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast sales results
- Strong skill set in contract negotiations
- Ability to work in a rapidly expanding, fast paced environment
- Teamwork and good communication skills a must
- Four-year university/college degree required
- Ability to work on-site in San Mateo, CA but manage a team across NA and effectively manage both East and West regions as well as sites of employees in San Mateo, Atlanta, and in the future locations
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.