FINANCIAL ANALYST, SALES & MARKETING
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with customers their – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
As a critical member of the FP&A team, your primary function will be to partner with various members of the sales and marketing teams worldwide to drive planning, analysis, and overall decision support. This role requires a candidate who is highly analytical with the ability to synthesize data and make sound business recommendations to the executive staff.
- Partner with various levels of sales and marketing management to provide the financial skills and tools necessary for them to accomplish their business objectives.
- Support various aspects of the P&L, including SaaS bookings, headcount, marketing programs, and other expenses. This includes responsibility for monthly close, accruals, purchase order approvals, annual planning and forecasting, and results variance analysis.
- Analyze key performance indicators to measure marketing program effectiveness, pipeline creation, conversion rates, CAC, and customer lifetime value in order to provide recommendations to management on growing revenue and optimizing expense.
- Working with HR, Recruiting, and Finance, track headcount and various hiring metrics to provide visibility into and report on progress against forecasts and targets.
- Be an integral member of various project teams to change/improve processes as the company evolves.
Required Skills / Experience:
- BA/BS degree Finance/Accounting, Engineering, or Business.
- 1-3 years of experience in finance, management consulting, or similar environment.
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with BI tools, CRM and/or MA software, and internal financial applications a plus.
- Strong base knowledge of accounting, finance, and operations principles.
- Proven track record of creating robust analysis that translates into business decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritize in a fast paced, very high-growth environment.
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.