Marketing Operations Specialist
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
The new addition to our world-class marketing operations team is an analytical and strategic thinker able to develop and implement creative solutions to operational challenges. You have very strong attention to detail, are well organized and can manage multiple projects simultaneously. You thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. This position reports to the Director, Global Marketing Operations based in our HQ in San Mateo, California.
- Oversight of the Marketo implementation including campaigns, programs, drip & nurture programs and customer communications.
- Optimize lead scoring and distribution methodology to ensure quality leads are passed to sales development for qualification and for increasing efficiencies and conversion rates.
- Ensure accurate synchronization between Marketo and Salesforce.com databases.
- Ensure processes and best practices are in place to maintain the integrity of the Marketo data.
- Effectively manage a variety of technology, data and service vendors
- Segment and leverage the marketing database for greater campaign efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership in defining, mapping and documenting key marketing processes
- Identifying and developing best practices; building templates to allow program teams to build best-in-class campaigns; training and playbook development
- Develop & evangelize best practices.
- Work with Sales Operations to ensure Salesforce.com meets the needs of Marketing
- Troubleshoot and QA campaigns, workflows, data issues and other key marketing ops functions
- Provide exemplary service to internal customers such as sales, marketing program managers and execs as needed
Analytics & Reporting:
- Leverage Salesforce.com and Marketo for lead campaign & program tracking and analysis
- Track ROI of marketing activities to ensure effectiveness and continued investment.
- Define business analytics and create dashboards and reports to support sales & marketing operations and measure all aspects of our marketing lead generation engine: database cleanliness, campaign effectiveness, pipeline contribution, overall business performance.
- Analyze data and provide recommendations for marketing effectiveness
- Build a marketing analytics program that helps us understand our business and drive net new opportunities
- Develop a set of executive reports that accurately communicate Marketing effectiveness
- Quickly implement projects involving diverse & complex data relationships
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Marketing/Sales Operations role or similar position.
- Experience in business analytics
- Advanced user of advanced marketing automation systems like Marketo or Eloqua
- System Administration & marketing experience using Salesforce.com
- Deep expertise and experience in B2B marketing
- Experience in software or high-tech marketing is a plus
- Strong background in data analysis
- Understanding of data mining, data warehousing, business intelligence and lead management processes and technologies
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate complex data sets to concrete business recommendations for marketing and sales leadership with the goal to optimize revenue generating investments.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation
- Ability to delegate tasks while providing guidance and oversight to direct reports
- Innovative, motivated, organized, high energy team player
- Process and quality orientation with attention to detail
- Ability to manage a high performance team & budget
- Undergraduate degree in business, statistics, mathematics or a related field
- MBA a plus
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.