Location: Denver, CO or San Mateo, CA
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
In this Chief of Staff role, you will gain hands-on experience in how to run a software company with the leading private equity firm at your back. This role will give you a front-row seat in how a company leadership team works. The Chief of Staff role has tremendous career growth opportunity, with the prospect to evolve into an indispensable member of the executive team within the Vista portfolio.
The successful Chief of Staff will minimize customer disruption, and enhance customer perception of the company’s value proposition, including products and services.
*** Note: this is a “roll up your sleeves” organizational role; the successful candidate is expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.
- Implement, coordinate, and improve software company best practices, Vista Standard Operating Procedures (VSOPs), across all functional areas
- Manage and complete the successful implementation of strategic initiatives that enable revenue growth and accelerate company profitability and efficiency
- Lead cross-functional, high-impact projects as directed by the CEO
- Determine, track, and report metrics that measure the successful implementation of various strategic projects and initiatives
- Partner with the CEO and CFO on post-M&A activities to drive acquisition integration
- Act as portfolio company point of contact for interactions with Vista Equity Partners, Vista Consulting Group, and other Vista portfolio companies, including all strategic initiatives
- Understand company key priorities and drive weekly agenda for Estaff meetings
- Drive Agenda and programs for Estaff and extended leadership offsites and multi day meetings
- Ability to extend CEO and key execs by participating as a surrogate in meetings and programs
- Chief of Staff support to the CEO and executive leadership team as needed
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree; MBA highly preferred
- Must have 7-10 years’ operations experience with multiple assignments involving Mergers & Acquisition integration; consulting and software industry experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated competency with implementing business processes and activity-based metrics involving leading success indicators
- Experience managing and leading teams, both directly and in matrixed environments
- Solid project management skills, having managed and successfully delivered multiple, complex projects on-time and on-budget
- Established business and financial acumen
- Robust analytical and quantitative skills, as well as attention to detail
- Resilient in the face of competing demands and conflicts
- Demonstrated success in a high pressure, dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proficient ability to drive change in a matrixed environment
- Executive presence, relationship building, strong decision making skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Open to travel/relocation
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.