Marketo provides easy-to-use, powerful and complete marketing software that propels fast-growing small companies and global enterprises, turning marketing from a cost center into a revenue driver. Marketo is a leader in cloud software, recently rated in the top 50 of the Deloitte Technology fast 500! We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth.
Do you enjoy managing and growing a team of talented engineers? Are you passionate about solving interesting and challenging technical problems in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun-loving environment? Do you excel in driving for performing and scalable architectures? Are you interested in designing the next generation of platform components for Marketo by leveraging the latest and greatest Big Data technologies?
If you answer Yes to the above questions, we think our technical lead / manager position is the right opportunity for you!
As the leader of an engineering team, you will be a key contributor to Marketo’s top product initiatives, such as:
- Orion: The use of Big Data technologies such as Kafka, Spark Streaming, and HBase to handle millions of customer activities per second and terabytes of data per day
- Account-Based Marketing: Evolution of Marketo’s flagship Marketo Automation platform to provide a strategic approach to business marketing in which organization considers and communicates with individual prospect or customer accounts as markets of one
- Marketing Campaign engine: New generation of Marketing Campaign engine with the use of Asynchronous Reactive Programming, Spark Streaming for the inflow of tasks, Akka for the workflow processes, and Cassandra / HBase for data storage and processing
- Interface with other engineering teams and product managers to ensure projects are successful in both features and technically.
- Design, develop and test (including automated, continuous integration) key product features/components of our platform.
- Develop systems that are highly reliable, scalable, but surprisingly easy to maintain. Be independent in feature/component design and conduct effective peer code reviews where needed.
- Provide technical leadership to your SCRUM team by giving guidance on designs and coding when time allows.
- Lead a small team of developers.
- Up to 30% of hands on development.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Proficient in Object-Oriented programming language such as Java.
- Experience managing or leading a technical team.
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Communication and collaboration skills to participate & shape the architecture, high level and detailed designs of the systems.
- Positive work attitude, self-motivator, quick learner, and a team player
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
It is great if you know:
- Cassandra, Redis, or Mongo, Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Kafka
- Scala, Akka framework
- Asynchronous Reactive Programming
- Solr / Lucene
Marketo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.