Product Marketing Specialist
Marketo is a leader in cloud software and is growing like crazy. We are delighting our customers and hiring some of the best minds in Silicon Valley. Our headquarters is located in San Mateo, California and we continue to expand globally. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth.
Marketo is looking for a rock-star Product Marketing Specialist focused on competitive intelligence strategy and pricing to join our exceptional team. Product & Segment Marketing is at the epicenter of Marketo, determining the right strategies to take our products and solutions to market. In this position, you’ll work closely with sales, segment marketing, demand generation, content marketing, and product management to understand business needs, and deliver the right message to that audience. This person will be instrumental in helping Marketo convey to internal and external audiences how our solutions are both different, and better than the competition.
- Actively leverage relevant sources of information (websites, analyst reports, webinars, win/loss reports, etc.) for useful competitive intelligence
- Be the company expert on the product offerings (including features and capabilities, pricing, packaging, and market fit) of our competitors
- Identify specific competitor strengths and weaknesses and develop strategies and tactics that maximize win rates
- Help in developing a programmatic approach to competitive intelligence, and formalize the delivery of content and training to best equip the sales team for success
- Provide deal support for Sales teams around competitive and pricing inquiries
- Work closely with the Business Analysts and Sales Operations teams on CRM pricebook and quoting engine related projects
- 1-2 years of business experience
- Strong ability to quickly understand the nuances in how different software features and functions work, and why it should matter to users
- Passion for developing creative and engaging sales tools and marketing assets (presentation decks, playbooks, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; highly effective presentation skills, copywriting a plus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; highly driven in problem solving and understanding “why”
- Microsoft Excel expertise a plus
- An MBA from a well-regarded institution, considered a plus