The Team :
We, a dynamic, talented and focused team at Marketo (PDX) are in the midst of a major re-architecture of our core platform. We use cutting edge technologies to build sophisticated solutions.
You will be working in a start-up style environment with big company resources.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related discipline or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience designing and developing large scale Web applications with high availability and reliability, ideally in a SaaS environment. 4+ years total experience
- Experience with Java and frameworks such as Spring (or equivalent)
- Experience with relational databases and ORMs
- Experience with Agile (preferably Scrum) & Test-driven development
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to troubleshoot software problems
- Experience with a version control system (Git preferred, SVN, Perforce, or CVS experience acceptable)
Nice to have:
- Experience with functional programming paradigms, immutable data structures
- PHP knowledge and experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Kohana, CodeIgniter, Zend, etc.)
- Experience with WebSockets/Socket.io
- NoSQL datastores like MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Experience with common open-source application/web servers like Tomcat, NodeJS, Nginx, Apache
- Experience with Docker
What Marketo does!
Marketo provides easy-to-use, powerful and complete marketing software that propels fast-growing small companies and global enterprises, turning marketing from a cost center into a revenue driver. Marketo’s marketing automation and sales effectiveness software – including the world’s first integrated solution for social marketing automation – helps thousands of companies around the world streamline marketing processes, deliver more campaigns, generate more win-ready leads, and dramatically improve sales performance.