Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers - from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
Marketo is growing quickly and is looking for a Project Manager to manage strategic technology projects. Marketo technology delivers solutions for business process automation using SaaS products. The successful candidate will be able to manage cross-functional projects across different technologies.
- Manage medium to high complexity technology projects
- Develop project plans, resource plans, training and test plans, and cutover plans, applying appropriate project methodology
- Ensure that business requirements are delivered by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Manage project scope, budget, risks and timelines
- Demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Manage communications across all the project organizations around status, timeline and milestones.
- Build productive internal/external working relationships
- Interact with VPs, directors and business leads in groups, 1:1 and through email.
- Identify critical path and interdependencies that could pose risks to the projects
- Works well under pressure, be sensitive to deadlines, can interact in a team environment, can adapt quickly to change, deep attention to details and possess excellent customer service skills
- Leadership - Must be a strategic thinker able to convert transformative ideas to practical solutions that deliver successful results
- Ability to influence others – must be very skilled at informing, motivating and leading others to action on key project deliverables
- Organizational agility – must possess the ability to interface with and influence all levels of the organization and across functional boundaries
- Works independently on whole projects/problems.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with Agile methodology is desirable
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Jive, or other SaaS Applications is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and MS Project is required; Proficiency in JIRA and Smartsheet is desirable
- BS/BA or equivalent
- PMP/Agile certifications preferred
- Minimum 5 Years of experience managing technology projects
- Has demonstrated the ability to use established project management methodologies and tools using waterfall and/or modified agile methodologies
- Has done a full-cycle implementation of at least 3 major projects
- Experience in project management, including project design, proposal evaluation, vendor analysis, project reporting, and financial management
- Experience managing projects with multiple on premise / SaaS technologies / Integrations
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.