Manager of SMB, Pre-Sales Solutions
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
As a Manager of SMB Pre-Sales Solutions Consulting, you are responsible for managing a high quality, customer-focused global pre-sales consulting team who provides high level technical consulting support and guidance to Marketo’s SMB Sales team and prospects to recommend and develop appropriate customer solution offerings. You will lead and direct a team to maximize revenue and optimize customer experience.
- Develops and executes pre-sales consultant selling strategies and identifies opportunities for process improvements.
- Serve as thought leader and company subject matter expert on specific technical projects with customers.
- Coordinates with account management resources to make customer calls and presentations as well as participates in bid and walk-through meetings with the customer as necessary.
- Act as an interface between the sales organization and technical staff to resolve outstanding issues.
- Monitor utilization, activities, and expenses on the Pre-Sales Solutions Consulting team to cultivate personal development and proper activity engagement.
- Be the technical voice of sales to sales management, product management, support and engineering.
- Prioritize SC resources based on broader team/company goals.
- 10+ years’ experience in the SMB business application software industry, specifically CRM, SFA and/or marketing software, preferably in an on-demand/SaaS business environment with proven executive technical sales leadership skills
- 5+ years’ experience managing sales/system engineers
- Has a detailed understanding of the products and solutions from Marketo and its competitors
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to establish mutually beneficial program commitments and expectations with customers
- Excellent relationship building, leadership, and presentation skills are a must
- Ability to communicate technical and business information to widely varied audience
- Excellent knowledge of strategic, conceptual and consultative selling
- Excellent coordination, organization, team building and communication abilities
- Ability to demonstrate a strong sense of urgency; is creative, disciplined, passionate and an out-of-the-box thinker.
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.