Senior Revenue Analyst
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with customers their – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
We are looking for a Senior Revenue Analyst to come join our team. This person must possess strong analytical and communication skills. This person will need to interpret, present, and explain complex accounting issues to various internal business partners and external auditors, and must be able to develop and manage processes.
• Responsible for booking Subscription revenue during month-end accounting close
• Prepare revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and SaaS revenue recognition accounting standards including ASC 605-25, SAB Topic 13, ASU 2009-13
• Work with Revenue Manager to perform monthly revenue related tasks and analysis as well as continuously help to improve efficiencies of the Revenue process
• Prepare, reconcile and review monthly fluctuations for revenue accounts, deferred revenue accounts, accounts receivable and related allowance accounts
• Assist Account Managers and Sales throughout the month with SKU related requests
• Assist with financial audits including reconciliations, support documentation, and communication with external auditors
• Assist in maintaining and updating internal documentation for policies, procedures and control
• Prepare Contract Summary Packages for Significant contracts
• Perform revenue commitment schedule
• Document accounting considerations and conclusions
• Participate in month end close activities by ensuring sales transactions are recorded accurately in accordance with US GAAP
• Perform quarterly BESP study, analyzing data and impact on revenue recognition
• Assist with other accounting projects/areas as necessary
Required Skills / Experience:
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting and/or Finance
• CPA strongly preferred
• 3+ years public accounting experience with a Big 4 and 3+ years operational/private industry experience in all areas of accounting in rapidly growing and/or public companies.
• Prior accounting experience within a SaaS company is preferred
• Must have exceptional Excel skills and detail oriented
• High degree of business and technical proficiency and judgment are essential
• Ability to analyze and resolve complex system issues
• Extremely proficient with Excel, vlookups, pivot tables a must
• Excellent problem-solving and strong analytical skills with the ability to get things done
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Able to multi-task and prioritize in fast-paced environment
• Exceptional project and time management skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills across multiple levels, functions, and locations
• Experience in reading & interpreting contracts to assess revenue accounting impact
• Experience with Intacct is desired but not a must have
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.