Senior Network Engineer
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with customers their – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
As a senior network engineer, you will design, implement and operate Marketo data center communications and application delivery. Key aspects of this role include automation, configuration management, and tools development.
- Analyze business requirements to architect scalable, highly-available network solutions
- Perform capacity planning and draft resource utilization reports
- Continuously improve global network infrastructure availability
- Resolve service outage incidents by troubleshooting reported events
- Document network operations, processes and procedures
- Implement security and compliance solutions per company policies
- Identify and leverage new technologies and methodologies
- Ensure solutions will support integrated applications, infrastructure technologies and data
- Develop software tools for provisioning, support, monitoring, automation and state management
- Advance infrastructure as code practices
- Participate in on-call support rotation
Required Skills / Experience:
- Computer Science B.S. or equivalent discipline, with 5+ years related experience
- Extensive engineering experience with large scale, geographically diverse network infrastructure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of Internet protocol communications and related services
- Experience with Linux systems administration
- Demonstrated experience writing applications with one or more languages: Bash, Ruby, Python, Lua, TCL, etc
- Solid understanding of Internet protocol and OSI model fundamentals
- Deep understanding of network redundancy (STP, FHRP, IGP, BGP) and security (ACL, firewall)
- Thorough understanding of encapsulation and tunneling protocols (IPSEC, GRE, VXLAN)
- Relevant experience with network management and monitoring utilities (Cacti, NMS, ELK)
- Familiarity with virtualization, NFV, IaaS and PaaS systems a plus
- Experience with state and configuration management platforms (Puppet, Chef or Ansible) a plus
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.