Enterprise Solutions Consultant
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
The Principal Solutions Consultant is responsible for understanding our customers and prospects needs’ and developing the appropriate solution footprint and benefit assessment. This involves performing the necessary needs assessment and analyses to clearly define the business objectives and capabilities, as well as the supporting business case, demonstrating how those requirements are supported using the Marketo solution, and executive summary proposal. The Principal Solution Consultant is also responsible for transitioning the business requirements, technical footprint and integration requirements to the implementation team upon completion of the engagement.
- Partners with the Enterprise Account Executive team during the sales process to assist in developing account / opportunity strategies, planning and execution.
- Utilizes strong business acumen, including best practices and business processes, to understand and communicate business requirements and solutions strategy to customers and prospects.
- Articulates the value of Marketo’s solution set and positioning in the market place. Helps shape the evolution of our solution by partnering with Client Services, Product Management, Product Marketing and Development.
- Develops custom customer presentations leveraging value-based selling methodologies including, ROI, Executive Summary, Cross-channel Campaign Strategies, KPI Measures and more.
- Manages across large accounts with multiple divisions and opportunities to develop a strategy and multi-year vision for account penetration and create lasting, mutually beneficial relationships
- Develops digital strategy and targeted multi-channel marketing programs for clients that help them successfully build profitable, long-term relationships with their customers
- Provides customer specific product demonstrations in support of requirements and business cases.
- Contributes to all design needed for the solution (Business, Data, Application, Integration).
- Contributes and completes technical responses to RFPs and RFIs
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Minimum 8 years of business experience, pre sales and /or product marketing, demand generation, business consulting, preferably in a SaaS business environment
- Deep understanding of all digital marketing and product experiences and an understanding of how they connect brands and consumers
- Experience selling CRM, SFA and/or marketing software to enterprise level customers preferred
- Demonstrated history of goal and / or quota over-achievement
- Experience working with C-Level and top line management to understand business strategy and objectives
- Demonstrated ability in developing business cases that communicate requirements and solutions strategy for enterprise level prospects and customers
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience working in a dynamic team environment and able to lead and manage resources
- Highly dependable, self-starter, high energy, positive attitude with good organization and time management skills
- Four-year college/university degree is required
- Experience with Marketo or competitive product is a plus
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.