Marketing Director, Australia/New Zealand (ANZ Region)
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with customers their – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
We are seeking a marketing leader to join our Sydney Australia team to accelerate international business growth for Marketo in the Australia and New Zealand region. The marketing leader will oversee the development and execution of the regional marketing strategy in support of our branding, customer acquisition and retention goals. The leader will develop, implement and continuously improve marketing initiatives that will drive brand awareness and demand for our world-class suite of marketing automation products and services.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director – ANZ, you will work closely with the local sales and customer teams as well as with the marketing and sales teams in our Silicon Valley office. You will be responsible for regional branding and demand generation activities including public relations, corporate communications, digital and content marketing, event marketing, account-based marketing (ABM), partner marketing, influencer marketing, customer marketing and more. You will also oversee and manage all marketing planning and budgeting for the region.
- Oversee a local marketing team (currently 3 people) as well as a number of vendors
- Manage all regional branding efforts, including PR (currently working with an agency), events, influencer and partner initiatives
- Develop and implement high impact, multi-channel marketing strategy to generate demand, qualified leads and sales pipeline in Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Execute programs, marketing tactics, events and other activities including but not limited to Events, Webinars, Seminars, and online marketing programs to develop opportunities and pipeline
- Measure and report on effectiveness of marketing programs and campaigns, with the purpose of improving resource allocation, efficiency and revenue generation
- Evaluate, select and manage outside vendors that contribute to lead generation and branding objectives
- Align marketing programs and activities with overall marketing strategy
- Function as both a “leader” and “doer”. Provide leadership for the marketing team and for the territory overall. Effectively partner with Managing Director to represent the region internally with our executive staff and across the company. Remain a ‘hands-on’ member of the team.
- Represent Marketo regionally across all external stakeholders, including prospects, customers, partners, media, influencers, analysts and more.
- Effectively manage expenses to ensure you are within budget each and every quarter.
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Ability to flourish in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability to create and execute innovative and results-focused marketing programs and campaigns
- Knowledge of and demonstrated thought leadership related to current and next generation marketing best practices.
- Ability to “get stuff done;” execute quickly and with high-quality precision in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Demonstrated analytical ability specifically related to program measurement and ROI.
- Expertise in marketing to SMB and large, global enterprises, across verticals
- Strong leadership and creative thinking capabilities
- Experience in working with lead management software (Salesforce.com/Marketo ideal)
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence others without formal authority and lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or a technical field; an MBA degree is a plus
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in marketing business-to-business software solutions; SaaS marketing experience strongly preferred, including at least 4 years of experience managing a team
- Ability to work on-site in Sydney, Australia
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.