Senior Technical Support Manager
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
As a member of Marketo Support, your goal is to provide fast and friendly world-class support through creative, flexible solutions and empower Revenue Performance Management success.
The Senior Technical Support Manager is responsible for overseeing technical support operations for a single region or function within North America. Managing a group of technical support engineers, you will provide senior level guidance for tactical issues, regional support initiatives and account management. You will be responsible for defining, communicating, and implementing evolving worldwide support vision and strategy in collaboration with the rest of the Support management team. This specific role will be based in Denver, and will be establishing new processes, staffing a new team, working with other regions around the world and collaborating cross-functionally to ensure the new teams have what they need to deliver an amazing customer experience when our customers need support.
We partner with our employees to provide an exciting work environment that everyone has an opportunity to shape. We value team players who are self-directed and want to influence the next wave in SaaS technology and Service innovation.
- Direct management responsibilities for all the designated resources and their associated workload
- Establishing team objectives and drive performance improvements
- Setting quarterly individual goals and providing on-going performance feedback as well as formal performance appraisals
- Evaluate measurement criteria to evaluate trends in organizational performance, including: customer satisfaction, operating efficiency, and product quality
- Understanding team member capabilities and ability to establish development plans
- Aptitude to create a team environment that sustains a highly motivated group working to achieve common objectives
- Monitor product quality metrics (Case volume, percent escalated, issue categorization and prioritization, backlog, customer impact) and advocate for the customer to drive product improvement and issue resolution
- Working cross-functionally to drive visibility and collaborative for process improvement
- Engaging in support of key accounts and escalation management
- Maintain ownership over one or more areas of responsibility as a member of the global support leadership team; spanning process definition and improvement, interdepartmental relations, employee satisfaction initiatives and customer satisfaction initiatives.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Requires 4-year degree in Business or Computer Science, and minimum of 5 years of experience in a fast-paced, enterprise level, mission critical software support environment; or equivalent industry experience.
- Core skills/competencies include Leadership, Customer Relations, Performance Management, Process Management, Data Analysis, Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Business Acumen, and Technical Aptitude
- Given the key role this position plays in establishing a new support office, Marketo experience, or other Vista portfolio company experience is desired.
- Strong time management skills, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to tie group’s goals to the strategic objectives of the product and company
- Act as a role model to others: sets an example of integrity, ethical behavior and professionalism
- Demonstrated experience supporting enterprise software solutions, ideally Marketing Automation, CRM, PRM, or SFA applications
- Excellent organizational skills -ability to prioritize, manage, multi-task and execute projects cross-functionally
- Superior communications skills (presentation, written, and verbal) and ability to interact effectively with all levels of professional staff. Ability to explain complex concepts simply.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner
- Familiarity with SaaS solutions a plus
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.