Marketo provides easy-to-use, powerful and complete marketing software that propels fast-growing small companies and global enterprises, turning marketing from a cost center into a revenue driver. Marketo’s marketing automation and sales effectiveness software – including the world’s first integrated solution for social marketing automation – helps thousands of companies around the world streamline marketing processes, deliver more campaigns, generate more win-ready leads, and dramatically improve sales performance.
Marketo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As the Manager of Global Sales Compensation, your primary function will be to represent the global sales and customer success organization by managing all activities in the analysis, design and creation of sales compensation plans and processes.
- Responsible for issuing and updating compensation plans for all commissioned sales and marketing employees on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for tracking issued and accepted comp plans, version control, and signature/acceptance status on a weekly basis and communicating status to sales managers, operations, finance stakeholders with clear actions to resolve.
- This role is intended to be the single point of contact for field questions around sales commissions/compensation.
- With support from cross functional teams, the global sales comp manager is responsible for delivering answers to all field sales questions with regard to compensation plans, payout calculations, and timing.
- Manage and improve the sales compensation supply chain and be a trusted partner to all upstream and downstream business functions
- Provide expertise and in collaborating with FP&A drive the design of effective sales compensation models to meet company objectives and drive desired behavior
- Build and maintain compensation model templates
- Create sales, renewal and services compensation plans for new hires and revise existing plans for role and/or compensation changes
- Assist with quota setting and on an ad-hoc basis construction of SPIFFs
- Provide reporting and analytics around sales commission expense and rep performance
- Work with commission accounting to improve access to data sources, quality of data and accuracy in credit and payments
- Facilitate dispute resolution and issue escalations
Required Skills / Experience:
- Proficient in understanding sales compensation practices preferably at a SaaS company
- Expert knowledge of advanced functions in excel and strong proficiency in Salesforce.com, experience with Xactly a plus
- Experience in financial modeling
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Customer service oriented with a strong ability to successfully resolve issues
- 5+ years of experience in FP&A, commission accounting or sales operations with financial modelling
- BA/BS in Finance or Business
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com