Product & Segment Marketing Manager
Marketing | San Mateo, CA, United States
Ready to accelerate your career in marketing? Join the Marketing Nation. Marketo is both the market and thought leader in cloud marketing software and employs the best marketers in the world.
We are growing, evolving and delighting our customers and looking for people who want to grow with us. Our headquarters is in San Mateo, California. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a high-energy, fast-paced environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth.
Marketo is looking for a rock-star Manager of Product & Segment Marketing to join our team. Segment Marketing is at the epicenter of Marketo, driving the ‘Go-to-market strategy and execution for our target business segments. You’ll work closely with sales, demand generation, content marketing, customer marketing and product marketing to build the tools and programs to improve overall business performance. You’ll be responsible for driving business results that hit our pipeline and revenue goals.
This is a high impact position and previous experience in product marketing or a related function is required. In addition, you possess a record of success in SaaS, software or technology product marketing, delivering measurable results. You understand and love Go-To-Market and are comfortable switching between strategy and execution. You have the confidence and leadership skills to influence cross functional teams and command respect across all organizational levels and are comfortable in a fast paced, high growth environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deeply understand your buyers and markets
- Empower our sales team to close deals, through training and direct deal support
- Drive messaging and content strategies that appeal to potential and existing customers
- Coordinate with Demand Generation team to translate programs and strategy into measurable pipeline and closed revenue
- Lead go-to-market efforts for new initiatives through coordination across the marketing organization
- Collaborate with Customer Marketing to find amazing customer stories and turn those into compelling content pieces
- Effectively present Marketo directly to potential customers in deals or events
- Understand the competitive landscape and train sales to win against competitors
- Develop strategic plans, market positioning, and value propositions
Essential Skills, Experience & Education
- 5+ years strategic marketing experience in product marketing, segment marketing or similar
- Must be able to thrive in a highly dynamic, flexible work environment and switch rapidly from strategy to execution
- Highly skilled at critical decision-making; ability to evaluate business issues and resolve problems; ability to develop and write a business plan
- Proven track record of developing and delivering messaging and sales enablement that drive pipeline, higher win rates, and revenue
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Public speaking: highly effective presentation skills to large audiences both live and virtual
- Ability to work across organizational lines, command respect, and influence without authority
- Experience conducting and analyzing market and competitive research
- Writing skills: Content/Collateral creation
- Ability to travel required (25-30%)
- An MBA from a well-regarded institution, considered a plus
- Experience with marketing automation, campaign management, digital marketing or email marketing platforms a plus.
- Specific Vertical/industry experience is a plus
- Experience marketing and selling to large enterprises a plus