Lead Technical Consultant
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
Marketo is looking for a Lead Technical Consultant as part of the Enterprise Consulting team. The Lead Technical Consultant plays a critical role in integrating and customizing the Marketo software for our mid-market and enterprise clients
- Demonstrate a high degree of technical leadership in Marketo consulting projects and pre-sales with clients and partners
- Lead technical requirements sessions to define technical and business solutions that are aligned with client requirements
- Lead the development of project design documents and deliverables, including communication to the client on these items
- Manage client expectations and project scope
- Help clients set up the integration between Marketo and their CRM system (Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP)
- Communicate complex, enterprise-class technical solutions to both technical and business audiences
- Provide hands-on assistance with the detailed design and implementation phases of our engagements
- Develop standardized and reusable solutions for systems and data integration
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60%
- Responsible for understanding and identifying business and technical requirements, designing and prototyping solutions (including creating diagrams), developing and/or assisting implementation, and supporting testing, training, and post go-live cares
Required Skills / Experience:
- S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Proven success in design, development and delivery of enterprise SaaS integration solutions
- At least 5 years’ experience as a technical consultant or similar role
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent client communication skills
- Knowledge & hands-on experience with programming and scripting languages, web services, web development, RESTful APIs, relational databases, version control
- Knowledge of enterprise systems, Marketing Automation, CRM, and ERP; experience with Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics CRM or SAP CRM/C4C is a must
- Experience with middleware integration tools (Informatica, Boomi, Scribe, Mulesoft)
- Experience with either/all of, PHP, Java, C#, Python, C++, and/or ASP.NET,
- Self-motivated and self-managed – capable of multi-tasking and accepting change both in tasks and schedule
- Experience with implementing marketing technology solutions in a client-facing role
- Experience with defining systems strategy and road-map, documenting requirements, designing and prototyping solutions, creating system diagrams, and implementing enterprise solutions.
- Understanding of the Marketing and Sales business process is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (Microsoft PowerPoint).
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.