Associate Email Deliverability Consultant
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers - from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
Marketo is seeking an Associate Email Deliverability Consultant to be part of our Email Privacy & Deliverability team, managing delivery of email for customers around the globe.
Qualified candidates have strong analytical skills to interpret data from a logical and systematic perspective. Their natural curiosity and attention to detail enables them to find the patterns and anomalies in data. Associate Email Deliverability Consultants love to solve email challenges using creative problem solving skills.
- Work with customers during on-boarding to establish IP reputation
- Deliver problem recognition, definition, analysis and resolution recommendations tailored to a client’s disposition and business drivers
- Perform and optimize the daily resolution of blocks, blacklist listings and direct abuse complaints, including alerting customers and providing counsel on any practices that need improvement
- Assist in the troubleshooting of escalation tickets submitted by different Marketo Teams
- Actively participate and build relationships with deliverability industry groups and email coalitions to understand the general requirements for success with ISP deliverability challenges and associated techniques for successful inbox delivery
- Liaise with internal teams to provide strategic recommendations based on specific email expertise
- Contribute to product recommendations, process-improvement efforts and technical reviews
- Improve documentation and other customer resources by recommending changes in online and hard-copy documentation
- Mentor new hires, account managers and support team members
What does it take to be successful?
- Experience troubleshooting client issues leveraging proprietary and external data sources
- Adaptability in content, message, style, and terminology based on the audience
- Experience with SMTP and authentication protocols, IP and domain reputation drivers, root cause analysis, ISP AUPs, spam filtering methodology, privacy considerations and log analysis
- The ability to express ideas clearly and concisely using plain language
- Working knowledge of email strategy and best practices, segmentation, permission practices, CAN-SPAM and other legislation, engagement and response drivers
- Initiative to work independently with little supervision and to seek assistance proactively as needed to reach the goals of the department
- Flexibility with changing priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Drive to identify and recommend suggestions for improvement in the department’s processes and goals
- Comfort operating in a distributed global support organization
- At least 1-3 years of experience with online marketing applications, with specific experience using email campaign deployment or sending (MTA) software.
- Being a team player, with ability to self-manage workload and be flexible for supporting a global operation
- Excellent communications skills to negotiate with receivers as well as counsel customers on sound sending practices to maintain highest level of compliance on Marketo's network
- Stay current on deliverability and sender reputation trends in the industry and make recommendations for higher performance of the Marketo network.
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.