VP / Group VP, Marketing, Demand Generation
San Mateo, CA
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
Here's the gist:
We’re the engagement company! We provide the leading digital marketing platform to help brands engage prospects, customers, and partners to build long-term relationships with them and grow revenue. We are also all about creating the most vibrant community of digital marketers - 60,000+ strong today - who learn, share, and grow with each other everyday. We call this community the Marketing Nation.
We are looking for a senior marketing executive who can help us drive all elements of our demand generation, social marketing, and online advertising. We’re looking for a world-class leader to effectively lead a team of some of the best marketers in the world. We also seek someone who is passionate about marketing to marketers, enjoys witty banter and spur-of-the-moment happy hours.
Reporting to the CMO, key responsibilities of this senior executive leader include:
- Work closely with senior directors / associate VPs to develop a comprehensive demand generation strategy for the business across segments.
- Guide team to build and manage best-in-class demand generation programs – using the right mix of inbound, broad-based, account-based, and paid media strategies – to optimize lead-to-opportunity-to-deal funnel and drive pipeline for the business.
- Set guidance and direction for our adoption and cross-sell marketing teams to maximize customer lifetime value.
- Set guidance and direction for our head of online marketing and team to maximize effectiveness of digital advertising spend.
- Tradeshows and events: Set guidance for major tradeshows and events that Marketo sponsors and participates in.
- Set guidance and direction for our head of social marketing and team to amplify our social marketing efforts and closely measure effectiveness.
- Provide strategic direction, inspiration, and mentorship to senior leaders of the commercial, enterprise, social, and online marketing teams.
- Serve as one of the top thought-leaders in the company – showcase Marketo’s best-in-class digital marketing techniques with media, prospects, and customers.
- Strongly collaborate with sales to ensure alignment on program strategy, execution, and key KPIs.
- Partner marketing: Align with partner/business development team on the strategy and set guidance for co-marketing with strategic partners to source and influence pipeline.
- Drive strong alignment with marketing operations on key metrics, including marketing performance, measurement, process definition, and marketing systems and data.
- Develop and optimize a multi-million dollar marketing budget to generate the best returns.
- Effectively collaborate with other members of the marketing executive team to develop and retain talent and support a vibrant “One Team” marketing culture.
A little more about you:
- 15 to 20 years’ experience in demand generation and overall marketing, including proven success at a large software company.
- Prior experience in leading a large scale Marketo-based demand team a big plus.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest techniques in account-based marketing and paid media strategies.
- Inspirational leader – someone who has ‘been there, done that’ in terms of building and inspiring high-performance teams at all levels in demand generation, digital, and social marketing.
- Compelling storyteller, capable of taking our best practices and techniques and elevating them to compelling stories that showcase our second-to-none expertise in digital marketing.
- World-class oral, written, and visual communicator.
- Excellent cross-functional leader who excels at both high-level thinking and execution.
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.