Customer Advocacy Specialist, Enterprise
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
Marketo is looking for a top-performing Customer Advocacy Specialist, focused on developing Marketo customer advocates and arming our sales & marketing organizations with the best customer stories in the industry. This role will report directly to the Sr. Manager of Customer Marketing and will work across our Enterprise customer facing organization and Marketing. Success in this role can be achieved with a concentrated focus on building strong customer relationships and ultimately discovering the premier Marketo advocates in the Marketo ecosystem.
- Management and scaling of the Marketo Enterprise customer advocate program, including sourcing new advocates, creating mutually beneficial customer relationships, and fulfilling reference requests across Sales and Marketing
- Management of customer content lifecycle, from sourcing, to story development, to distribution and maintenance.
- Support of key deliverables and initiatives that involve highlighting customers, including Customer Success section of the website, presentations, definitive guides/eBooks, and more
- Collaboration with corporate communications to make our client companies, and the marketers who work there, heroes through PR, social media, speaking opportunities, and awards
- Management of customer participation across all facets of marketing, including speaking at in-person and virtual events, references for analyst relations, Marketo reviews on review sites, and more
- Creation and refinement of customer advocacy processes and deliverables to ensure program can scale and to maximize the effectiveness and quality of assets created
- Tracking and measurement of key customer advocacy success metrics
Anatomy of a Customer Marketing Guru:
- Forward thinking- these pioneers are part of an emerging B2B marketing field at customer-focused companies. You want customers to succeed so their brand can succeed.
- Live to serve- building relationships and delighting customers is what you live for. You go above and beyond to turn customers into raving fans.
- Strategically-minded- you see the big picture, and don’t shy away from proving ROI through increasing referrals, cross-sell/upsell opportunities, retention, and loyalty.
- Creative Muscles- you know how to engage and motivate advocates with your communication skills and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Human bridges- being personable and outgoing helps you act as the voice of the customer and collaborate with other teams to achieve goals and improve the customer experience.
Marketo is a high-energy, hard-charging, high-performance company. The Customer Advocacy Specialist needs to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing, and very exciting environment. Someone who is accountable to his/her performance and results, and is committed to delivering the best will excel. The ideal candidate for this position will be self-motivated, always looking for ways to take their programs to the next level, and a strong team player who takes great pride in the quality, precision, and measurable results of his/her work. Required experience and skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis in business, marketing, or related field; MBA a plus
- 2+ years of customer facing experience in sales, customer success and/or marketing, experience in advocacy programs a plus
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong cross-functional stakeholder communications and engagement
- Strong relationship-building skills with customers
- Strong abilities in program development and management. The successful candidate can creatively address customer marketing programmatic needs and can show measurable results
- Flexible, can-do attitude, with ability to thrive in highly dynamic environment.
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.