Staff Software Engineer
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers - from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
We are a dynamic, talented team focused on building the next generation marketing automation platform to power Marketo.
Marketo is in the midst of architecting and implementing its Big Data infrastructure so it can capture and acts on billions of marketing events a day to be fed into multi-petabyte Hadoop clusters.
- Build upon our new data infrastructure to enable more engineers and data scientist to quickly build new applications.
- Build libraries and tools to improve the production readiness of our near real time Spark streaming, Spark ETL, HBase infrastructure. You will use cutting edge technologies to scale our clusters to thousand jobs and millions of queries a day.
- You will be working with a team of stellar talent to build out the next wave of innovation for our marketing automation and analytics offerings.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field and/or related experience.
- Good programming skills in one or more of Java/Scala, Python, Go, C++
- 4+ years of hands on working experience on Hadoop infrastructure stack (Ex: HDFS, MapReduce, HBase, Spark, Oozie, YARN, Zookeeper, etc).
- Demonstrable expertise designing and implementing system health and performance monitoring tools
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment across multiple data centers.
- Solid foundation in distributed systems concepts.
- Experience in building and scaling backend services using ReST
- Manage a Hadoop environment where you will work closely with production operations and systems engineering to design and implement tools to leverage our multi terabyte data lake.
- Create tools and automation frameworks in order to enhance production stability, availability, efficiency and reliability of Marketo’s data infrastructure.
- Design and participate in the development and delivery of operability-related features such as system health monitoring, diagnostics, repair, and other self-healing automation.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, SDKs tool for large-scale distributed data processing.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.