Manager, Cloud Services
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with customers their – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
As manager of Cloud Services, you will lead the design, implementation, delivery, and ongoing support of Marketo's Private Cloud (MPC), which enables Production Operations and Engineering personnel to efficiently deliver and operate services and environments, leveraging virtual and physical assets, with minimal overhead. Key aspects of this role include automation, configuration management, and software development.
- Own the MPC strategy and roadmap, articulating and socializing it with Engineering and CPT Operations personnel
- Lead a team of Developers, Administrators, and Systems Engineers to continuously improve service offerings that reduce time-to-delivery and associated costs compared to traditional deployments
- Improve server and application provisioning automation, developing new, and sustaining existing capabilities, using our automated configuration management frameworks
- Understand and leverage network, server, and monitoring system APIs (Cisco, F5, HP, etc.) to automate provisioning
- Perform ROI analyses for virtualization, and lead initiatives to virtualize when it makes sense
Required Skills / Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent discipline with 7+ years of leadership and industry related-experience
- Extensive hands-on experience with building and managing scalable cloud services, including experience with at least one private Cloud Services platform (OpenStack, vCloud Suite, CloudStack, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to capture, clarify, refine, and document loose requirements and transform them into efficient solutions
- Good track record of effective project management, estimating resource requirements and timelines, managing and tracking multiple projects simultaneously, and delivering on commitments
- Extensive experience working with virtualization platforms such as VMware, XenServer, or KVM
- Solid understanding of standard Internet services and protocols (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.)
- Hands-on experience operating in a RedHat Linux environment
- Experience with Linux configuration management facilities (SVN, Git) and package managers (RPM, YUM, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience writing and maintaining scripts in languages such as BASH, Ruby, or Python
- Experience developing unattended server setup using tools such as KickStart, PXEboot, Puppet, and Foreman is a plus
- Familiarity with RedHat and Docker Container technologies is a plus
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.