Manager, Sales Development
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
Marketo is a leader in cloud software and we growing like crazy. We are delighting our customers and hiring some of the best minds in Silicon Valley. Our headquarters is located in San Mateo, California and continue to expand globally. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth.
If you're a good fit for this position, you already know most of what this job entails. However, here are some details:
- Manage Sales Development organization to goals, objectives and quota achievement
- Manage a diverse mix of territory-based sales development positions with diverse responsibilities of inbound prospecting, outbound tele-prospecting and upsell/cross sell sales transaction support
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate, and coach SDRs (note: successful SDRs are promoted to sales positions within one to two years, making hiring and training a particularly important function)
- Manage outside tele-prospecting agencies for lead generation
- Monitor and refine sales lead processes and metrics
Manage territory assignment
- Ensure the effective use of Salesforce.com and Marketo systems
- Compile weekly/monthly team reports, modify as needed
- Proactively work to improve the cadence and throughput of the assigned sales development resources as we grow Marketo’s marketplace presence and success story
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure a positive working relationship and maximize the impact and effectiveness of sales development
- Work with Marketing and Field Sales to ensure efficient prospect/customer information exchange and hand-off
- Conduct weekly forecasts
- Remove roadblocks to SDR success
- 2-3 years of management experience in Sales, Sales Development or Inside Sales management, preferably in high technology based products and/or services
- Experience growing and scaling a successful sales development team in a fast growth environment
- Proven track record at establishing and achieving or exceeding measurable goals in a highly automated Sales Development environment
- Experience with start-up environments and highly-transactional enterprise sales models such as Marketo’s
- Excellent working knowledge of inbound & outbound teleprospecting methodologies in high technology based products and/or services
- Ability to train, coach and mentor sales development reps and interns
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and with multiple departments including sales, marketing, product marketing and services
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work on-site at our offices in San Mateo
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.