Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with customers their – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
As the Front End Engineer you will contribute to the development of the company’s flagship Lead Management suite and related applications. You’re seasoned enough to take ownership of the front-end and have skill and acumen with optimizing the consumption of backend data services.
- Build cutting-edge, state-of-art Marketo applications collaborating with the User Experience (UX) team. Write code that is optimal, documented, clean, tested and gives performance and scalability priority
- Consume backend data services and contribute to enhancing existing data service APIs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related discipline or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience designing and developing large scale Web applications with high availability and reliability, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- Experience in client side scripting ensuring web security (XSRF, cross-site scripting), JSON, and object serialization
- Experience with Agile (preferably Scrum) & Test-driven development
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to troubleshoot software problems
- Experience with a version control system (Git preferred, SVN, Perforce, or CVS experience acceptable)
- Websocket/Socket.io experience
- Experience with functional programming paradigms, immutable data structures
- Mobile Development and Responsive Layout experience
- PHP knowledge and experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Kohana, CodeIgniter, Zend, etc.)
- CSS framework (Saas, Less) and UX minded
- NoSQL datastores like MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Experience with common open-source application/web servers like Tomcat, NodeJS, Nginx, Apache
- Experience with DevOps deployment tools: Vagrant, Puppet, Docker
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.