Senior Systems Administrator
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with customers their – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
The Senior Systems Administrator will work as part of a high-caliber team of experienced Systems Administrators, Network Administrators, DBAs, and Application Administrators to ensure uptime, availability, and performance SLAs are met in an environment that is constantly evolving and expanding.Duties include:
- Exploring new technologies to improve efficiency and maximize performance
- Establishing operations policies and procedures for production Installing, configuring, and maintaining production systems and SaaS applications
- Building and tools, scripts, and operating procedures for continuous efficiency improvement
- Fault detection, isolation, resolution, and root cause analysis
- Deploying new releases and patches to test and production environments
- Evaluating commercial and open-source tools to improve efficiency
- Performance analysis and optimization
- Capacity planning
- Script and procedure development
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Expert knowledge of Linux systems administration
- Managing LAMP servers in a Highly-Available, 24x7 production environment (8-10 years)
- Experienced with hosting and scaling Java application servers (Tomcat, JBoss, etc) in a highly available and high throughput environment
- Implementing and supporting management tools
- Expert-level scripting skills using Unix scripting toolkits (bash, sed, awk, etc)
- MySQL 5.x scripting and maintenance
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems and infrastructure security
- Operational experience supporting large, high-volume sites, ideally at a major SaaS company
- Demonstrated experience working with monitoring and analytics tools (e.g. Nagios, Cacti, Splunk)
- Working knowledge of deployment and distribution automation tools (YUM, Puppet, RPM, etc)
- BS degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science or Computer Engineering is preferred). MS preferred.
- Storage administration experience, especially with Network Appliance filers
- MySQL database administration experience
- Virtual systems build and management utilizing VMware, KVM, Xen, etc.
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.