Emerging Markets Account Executive
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
A qualified Emerging Markets Account Executive brings a mix of both SMB and Enterprise sales experience, is solution oriented, has personal drive & enthusiasm, solid work ethic, integrity, customer focus, and is team oriented. You are a natural pace-setter and your agility, intelligence, resourcefulness and focus on results, are the keys to your success. You will be responsible for evangelizing Marketo solutions, actively managing the entire sales cycle including prospecting, developing new relationships with business decision makers, negotiating contracts, closing business, and driving market share. Marketo’s Emerging Markets Account Executives will have aggressive “hunting” skills and will be responsible for developing and closing new Marketo business in new and existing accounts.
- Prospect, develop, and close new customers for Marketo’s entire suite of solutions in a defined territory, as well as, upsell new products and services to existing customers
- Attain quarterly and annual goals and quota targets
- Sell the Marketo vision to prospects through product demonstrations, events and target-specific initiatives
- Qualify opportunities, and allocate time and resources accordingly
- Manage prospect/customer evaluations, proof of concepts, and any RFP/RFIs
- Develop and execute on territory & account plans to deliver maximum revenue potential. Manage sales activities, updates, and create and deliver accurate forecasts in SFDC
- Work cross-functionally with extended team members
- Coordinate, team, and co-sell with selected partners
- Work closely with Customer Success, Account Management, and Support teams to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure a positive prospect/customer experience, and make our customers successful!
Required Skills/ Experience: We are looking for a highly motivated, over-achieving hunter who flourishes in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Required experience includes:
- 8 - 10 years of on-quota sales experience selling B2B or B2C applications into both SMB, mid-market, and enterprise accounts
- 4 of those years must include experience selling SaaS/on-demand applications. Experience selling CRM, SFA, ERP, and/or marketing software applications sales is strongly preferred
- History of quota over-achievement in highly competitive markets. Proven track record in evangelistic selling, selling new technology solutions and services both over the phone (using web technology) as well as, on-site in person.
- Demonstratable experience in managing complex sales and evaluation cycles and closing six figure deals
- Sales Leadership & character attributes: This individual is a self-starter with a bias to action, and someone who takes strong accountability for personal results. This person embodies creativity, intellectual horsepower, confidence, resourcefulness, strong work ethic, & masters ambiguity.They demonstrate strong leadership & truly enjoy helping, selling, & working with people. This person is assertive, respected among peers & customers, and is able to influence prospects, customers, teammates and co-workers. Has a proven track record at building rapport & relationships, as well as, strong experience in negotiating deals, & making thoughtful business decisions.
- Strong communication & presentation skills a must. This individual needs to be able to structure both verbal & written communications and command an audience. Must be able to engage, present, and manage at the CXO level. Need to possess strong listening and positioning skills. Ability to understand both internal & external customer pains & needs and effectively articulate options & solutions. Strength in using solution selling tactics, handling objections and developing positive ROI proof points.
- Skilled at negotiating business terms with line-of-business, Procurement and contract teams, senior management and/or C-level executives
- Effectively manages time and activities on a daily basis; can manage prospecting efforts, sales process, pipeline, late stage deals, contracts, and quota, to produce predictable business results. Must have keen prioritization skills, and be able to see and make necessary adjustments based on the business’s needs.
- Technical Aptitude: This individual has strong technical aptitude and is comfort working with multiple systems & tools. This person proactively learns new technology and implements as appropriate. Must have thorough understanding of Microsoft Office products, e-mail, and Web applications. Strong experience leveraging SFA/CRM systems to improve the quality, predictability and reporting, of sales efforts.
- Ability to work in a rapidly expanding and changing environment
- Four-year university/college degree required
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.