Director/Sr. Director of Global Marketing Operations
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
The Director/Sr. Director of Global Marketing Operations at Marketo is a high profile and critical role. We are looking for someone who has proven analytical and strategic experience and who is able to develop and implement creative solutions to solve operational challenges. You must have strong people management skills and attention to detail, be well organized, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. You should thrive, not stress, in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the VP, Global Marketing based in our HQ in San Mateo, California and manages a team as well.
- Strategic and tactical oversight of Marketo’s instance of Marketo and the interactions with other integrated systems such as CRM, predictive scoring solutions, data sources and more.
- Responsibilities include definition and creation of best practices, maintenance of campaigns, programs, drip & nurture programs, lead scoring, data integrity...etc.
- Optimize lead scoring and distribution methodology to ensure quality leads are passed to sales development for qualification and for increasing efficiencies and conversion rates.
- Ensure accurate synchronization between Marketo and Salesforce.com databases.
- Ensure processes and best practices are in place to maintain the integrity of the Marketo data.
- Effectively manage a variety of technology, data, and service vendors.
- Segment and leverage the marketing database for greater campaign efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership in defining, mapping, and documenting key marketing processes.
- Identify and develop best practices; build templates to allow program teams to create best-in-class campaigns; develop Marketo playbook and train the Marketing and Sales teams.
- Work closely with Sales Operations to ensure Salesforce.com meets the needs of Marketing.
- Troubleshoot and QA campaigns, workflows, data issues and other key marketing ops functions.
- Provide exemplary service to internal customers such as Sales, Marketing program managers, and execs as needed.
Analytics & Reporting
- Create yearly plan of record (POR) for marketing and sales.
- Provide weekly POR reporting to sales and marketing for forecast calls and meetings.
- Leverage Salesforce.com and Marketo for lead, campaign, and program tracking and analysis.
- Track ROI of marketing activities to ensure effectiveness and continued investment.
- Define business analytics and create dashboards and reports to support Sales and Marketing Operations and measure all aspects of the marketing lead generation engine: database cleanliness, campaign effectiveness, pipeline contribution, overall business performance.
- Analyze data and provide recommendations for Marketing effectiveness.
- Build a marketing analytics program that helps us understand our business and drive net new opportunities.
- Develop a set of executive reports that accurately communicate Marketing effectiveness.
- Quickly implement projects involving diverse and complex data relationships.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Marketing/Sales Operations role or similar position.
- Experience in business analytics.
- Advanced user of advanced marketing automation systems like Marketo or Eloqua.
- System Administration and marketing experience using Salesforce.com – comfortable with workflows and APEX triggers.
- Deep expertise and experience in B2B marketing.
- Experience in software, high-tech, or performance marketing is a plus.
- Strong background in data analysis.
- Understanding of data mining, data warehousing, business intelligence, and lead management processes and technologies.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate complex data sets into concrete business recommendations for marketing and sales leadership, with the goal to optimize revenue-generating investments.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel. Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation.
- Ability to delegate tasks while providing guidance and oversight to direct reports.
- Innovative, motivated, organized, high-energy team player.
- Process and quality orientation with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a high performance team and budget.
- Past experience with object-oriented programming languages a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in business, mathematics, engineering, science or a related field from a top-tier university.
- MBA a plus
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.