Senior Systems Engineer
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with customers their – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
As the primary technical bridge between Product Engineering and Production Operations, this important role is critical to our building secure, efficient, robust, scalable, and highly-available solutions. The Senior Systems Engineer provides technical leadership as we grow and scale our SaaS offerings leveraging many cutting-edge technologies.
- Design large-scale distributed systems and services
- Develop system and service architecture documentation for new technologies and applications
- Work with closely with Product Engineering and Production Operations to ensure that systems and services move smoothly from concept to production environments that have 100% uptime requirements
- Document Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform hands-on analysis of the production systems, fault resolution, capacity planning and root cause analysis for critical issues
- Build tools to automate processes and operate production systems
- Communicate clearly with peers as well as management and provide technical leadership to more junior team members.
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Strong Linux experience including 5 years maintaining, troubleshooting, and performing performance analysis and tuning
- Practical, solid knowledge of shell scripting and at least one programming language (Python or Ruby)
- 2+ years of experience in configuration management technologies (Puppet preferred)
- Good understanding of networking concepts, equipment, protocols, etc. (firewalls, load balancers, routers, switches, etc.)
- Extensive experience operating highly-available, high-volume environments, ideally in a SaaS or commodity website environment
- Knowledge of Java Application Servers administration and tuning
- Experience with monitoring and analysis tools (Nagios, Cacti, Splunk etc.)
- Very strong verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to clearly define ideas and recommendations, and work with Product Engineering and Operations teams to come to consensus
- BS degree in Computing Sciences or equivalent technical discipline
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Hadoop
- Experience with MongoDB, Redis, NoSQL administration and scaling
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.