Compliance Analyst (Privacy, non-attorney role)
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with customers their – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
The ideal candidate will leverage his/her compliance and privacy expertise coupled with an understanding of the Software as a Service landscape to proactively contribute to Marketo’s privacy program. The Compliance Analyst will report to the Senior Director, Privacy & Product on the Legal team and will have effective project management skills to communicate and interface with internal cross-functional partners, implementing company-wide initiatives and ensuring compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements while maintaining industry best practices. Note: This is not an attorney role.
Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years privacy and/or compliance experience preferred
- Familiarity with U.S. and international privacy and compliance standards, such as HIPAA, Privacy Shield, EU Data Protection Directive and proposed EU Regulations are preferred
- Familiarity with cloud computing and software as a service is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to function independently and within a team with minimal supervision, demonstrating excellent judgment, attention to process and detail
- Organized, responsive, and able to gain support and consensus with multiple stakeholders
- Strong project management skills including collaboration, consultative facilitation, risk analysis, prioritization and project planning
- Self-motivated, highly organized, with a solution oriented mindset and able to develop innovative solutions to issues
- Experience analyzing business processes and putting together process flow, and recommending process changes and efficiencies
- Ability to interact with management and staff in a fast-paced team environment.
- A good sense of humor and passionate about your work
- BA or BS degree
- CIPP or other privacy or compliance certification a plus
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assists team with enterprise audits and implementation and maintenance of various compliance programs including HIPAA, GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), and SOC(Service Organization Control).
- Key driver of compliance initiatives, including Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) processes, vendor risk management program, data classification and mapping and required annual risk assessment deliverables
- Help develop and revise privacy policies, procedures and guidelines
- Prepare privacy training materials and conduct training for internal teams
- Maintain subject matter expertise with regard to applicable regulations and ensure corporate compliance initiatives are evolving to meet the needs of the customer base
- Partner with Marketo internal Security, Product, Cloud Platform Technology, Engineering, HR, and business teams to ensure effective privacy requirements are maintained
- Ensure timely identification, mitigation, resolution and reporting/escalation of existing, emerging and upstream regulatory risks and issues
- Manage customer and data subject privacy inquiries and requests, including audit and information requests
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.