Senior System Administrator
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with customers their – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology.
Provide thought leadership and technical expertise for Marketo’s ever growing business and ever expanding infrastructure. Own and lead IT initiatives to on-time completion. Maintain information technology strategies by researching and implementing technological solutions.
Primary Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Monitor emerging technologies and make recommendations for adaptation when applicable.
- Provide a high degree of team leadership through complex projects.
- Able to strike a balance of being self-motivated and self-sufficient while remaining a team member and team player.
- Conduct process-based approach to meeting organizational goals and project management.
- Ability to understand business requirements and how they relate to technical requirements.
- Accomplish IT projects by collecting requirements, creating a thorough project plan, communicating expectations, executing, monitoring and articulating results.
- Maintain organization's effectiveness, efficiency and quality of service by delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Understanding of high level network design, protocols and layers.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Thorough understanding of system performance and security tuning.
- Document and share work with team ranging from tier one helpdesk personnel to senior IT leadership.
- Perform on-call duties as needed.
- Ability and authority to travel to Marketo sites around the world.
- Physical demands are described as medium (exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and up to 10 lbs. force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body)
- Minimum of 5 years managing IT systems in medium to large environments
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with both Windows & Apple OSX systems
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with server administration
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Active Directory
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Microsoft Exchange
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure or services
- Single Sign-On: Okta, OneLogin, Centrify or Ping
- File Sharing and Collaboration: Box, Dropbox or OneDrive
- Email and office application suites: Office 365 or G Suite (formerly Google Apps for Work)
- Experience with system imaging platforms:
- WDS, Ghost, Acronis, Deploy Studio, KACE, etc
- Experience with system automation or scripting
- Windows scripting (PowerShell, Batch or VBScript)
Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.